Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Blog #2
Today was great! I had a good day for my investigation on the RSC. I first went in today to just take a look around and see if I could set up an interview to gain some inside information. I have scheduled a meeting with Sara, who is a student facility manager. That wasn’t too hard and did not take a lot of time. I still had an hour and fifteen minutes until my next class, so I decided to do some exploring. I was at the RSC welcome center on level one of five different levels. I then made my way to the lower level (the basement) and worked my way up. The lower level consisted of the fitness Center, racquetball courts, and the functional fitness. The next level I came upon was the ground level. This level has both a men’s and women’s locker room. It contains an equipment center, but I have yet to find out if it costs anything to rent. Next was the west and east gyms, which have six total courts for basketball. There is a room for boxing as well. That’s all I saw on this level and I went back level one where I found two other gyms. One was for indoor soccer and the other was open. It didn’t have any baskets or anything! I will be sure to ask Sara what that is all about. Then there were six more rooms on this level, and I want to see what these are used for as well. The last level is level two and three combined. It is called the main gym and has four courts: two that are used for volleyball, one court full of badminton nets, and the last court was open, I believe for basketball. Now for the third level, which is in the main gym except if you go up a set of stairs there is a running, walking track. This in total took me about forty minutes to walk all the way through and look around. As you can tell, there is a lot to offer at the RSC. I cannot wait to find out more in my meeting tomorrow with Sara. Oh, and before I go I also found out the Spring RSC hours from January 11th – May 7th, 2009. They are: Monday through Friday from 5:30am to 1:00am, Saturday from 8:00am to 1:00am, and finally Sunday from 11:00am to 1:00am. It is open pretty much all the time. Thanks, and be sure to check and see what all I find out in the meeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment